Don’t waste your waste – putting the right stuff in the right container is important.
The wrong stuff is called contamination, and when recycling is contaminated, it can potentially result in IT being sent to landfill.
Five Top Tips to Reduce Contamination
Top tips to help reduce contamination in your bin:
- Look out for recycling labels on packaging to help identify whether it is recyclable or not
- Leave metal caps and lids on glass jars and bottles
- Wash all containers in your leftover dishwater
- Sign up to food waste recycling and keep food waste separate from your dry recyclables
- Don’t forget to recycle items from ALL rooms in the house such as shampoo bottles from the bathroom